On May 11th, 2015, the 14 students of the “Third International Advanced Course for the Next Generation of Aviation Instructors (NGAI)”, working in teams, arrived by consensus to the following competencies that should possess this professional, updated for 2015:
- Able to communicate effectively and assertively.
- Able to correctly apply feedback.
- Always update and improve his/her professional competencies.
- Practice leadership.
- Manage and correctly apply information and communication technologies (TIC).
- Practice empathy.
- Ethical person, which always reflects his/her professional and personal integrity.
- Interact with others and promote participation of students and colleagues.
- Carefully plan all instructional media, materials and methodologies.
- Refreshes and optimizes their competencies on a permanent basis.
- Optimistic person, with passion and vocation for teaching practice.
The trainers who participated in this work were the following: Clara Cerquera Linares, Edgar Chavez Rodríguez, Alexandra Martínez Alzate and Daniel Zárate Giraldo, Instructors at Corporación Educativa Indoamericana (CEI) in Bogotá, Columbia; Inés Alvarez Izaguirre, Mirta Quintana Saavedra and Reinaldo Pérez Rubio, Human Resources Specialists at Empresa Cubana de Aeropuertos y Servicios Aeronáuticos (ECASA) in La Habana, Cuba; Juan Álvarez Jalabert, Instructor from Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil (DGAC), in Santiago de Chile, Chile
In addition, Alberto Arróspide Mejía, LAN PERÚ Pilot; José Gartner Saettone, Pilot at Servicios Aéreos de los Andes airline; Félix Lizandro Cohaila, Instructor at Peruvian Airlines and Sara Borda García, Giuliano Guzmán Vera and Julio Prado Miranda, from the technical units of CORPAC S. A.
Our commitment is to update these skills each time this important course is delivered, with the purpose to update and consolidate the teaching skills of the participants, so they are able to provide efficient and effective training to the Next Generation of Aviation Professionals (NGAP).